Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is an integral member of an agile scrum team responsible for writing, executing, analyzing, and testing our software products, in order to build scalable applications across all digital channels to serve our customers. The incumbent will be responsible for taking a software quality and customer view of software solutions so that the developers can build high quality applications to meet the needs of the product vision. The incumbent, and team, will be involved in every aspect at part of the SDLC process from idea generation, business analysis, UX design and rigorous testing against industry standards for quality assurance traceability and compliance. The incumbent requires the technical acumen to develop and execute test automation code as a part of on-going regression testing standards. Test engineers are expected to participate in refining the CICD process, code review their code, and engage in manual testing, . The incumbent is to act as subject matter expert and provide guidance and resolve questions from other test engineers.
- Responsible for working with software engineers, product analysts, and other stakeholders to understand requirements surrounding new or enhanced features. Responsible for writing test case documents, test plan documents, and test results that adheres to SOC2 standards set forth by Principal Analysts. Performs peer reviews of testing artifacts. Acquires, manipulates or creates all necessary test data needed for software quality assurance. Responsible for mentoring junior test engineers in this capacity.
- Responsible for idea generation, exploring and suggesting business rules that would apply to achieve the required product features. And contributing to an evolving and updated product backlog. Attends release activities as needed in order to ensure successful, high-quality product updates. Coordinates release night activities for the department.
- As a part of an agile work team, responsible for participating in all scrum ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning and completing required sprints in the development through final execution of software applications/programs. Communicate any issues/blockers to the Scrum Master in a timely manner. Help in story creation (i.e. DoD, Acceptance Criteria, estimation). Creates Tasks for their stories in RTC or Jira, and updates status and assignment accordingly. Monitor work against production schedule and provide progress updates and report any issues or impediments to senior analysts/principals on a regular basis.
- Responsible for software development and execution of test automation code as a part of on-going regression testing standards. Test engineers will work with a variety of QA Automation technologies including; Java programming, Selenium, Appium and our cloud build and delivery processes. Role is responsible and expected to participate in refining the CICD process, code reviews, and mentoring other junior test engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Systems, Business Management, Healthcare Administration or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Business Management or Healthcare Administration
- 5 years of writing test artifacts that adheres to SOC2 standards
- 1 year of developing test automation software according to coding and industry best practices.
- 1 year of mentoring junior Test Engineers at some levels of job responsibility
- 5 years of writing test cases according to standard templates, simply, clearly, and concisely OR writing test plans according to standard templates, defining test strategy and assumptions OR test case and test plan peer review
- 5 years of developing test automation software according to coding and industry best practices
- Hands on experience with basic SQL queries
3 years of Leadership experience. Drives outcomes and solutions. Sets standards others can follow
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Have experience working with agile methodology of scrum
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Knowledge of best practices of the full software development life cycle, including requirements, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Experience and willingness to mentor junior team members and help develop their skills and leadership
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org