Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists the Pharmacy Manager and/or Director of Pharmacy by providing leadership and direction of pharmacy services, activities and functions. Performs pharmacist duties as well.
- Supervises day to day services/activities/functions including drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical activities, retail business expansion, inventory management, performance measurements, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi-disciplinary team development.
- Coordinates pharmacy patient care services with other healthcare providers (i.e., nurses, physicians) to resolve issues related to clinical or drug distribution services.
- Assists with the development, implementation, administration and enforcement of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Participates in performance improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Assists with personnel activities including interviewing, orientation, staffing, corrective action, competencies and performance appraisals. Prepares department staff's work schedules and assignments and makes staffing and scheduling adjustments to meet volume/workload demands. Provides regular communication, supervision and feedback to the staff.
- Supervises departmental personnel and operational practices to ensure regulatory compliance. Monitors the disposition of Controlled Drugs as required by state and federal regulations and conducts audits on a regular basis.
- Assists with the responsibility to monitor financial parameters and to operate within budgetary targets. Participates in designing, implementing and evaluating systems, processes and methods designed to enhance quality, improve service and enhance cost effectiveness. Works closely with supervision to implement, monitor and report on relevant activities.
- Performs the duties of a staff pharmacist as necessary and all other duties as assigned or required.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of PA at hire or sit for boards and obtain licensure within 120 days
- 4 years pharmacy experience required or completion of a 2 year administrative pharmacy residency program
- Pharmacy Residency
- Master's degree in Pharmacy, Business or Healthcare Management
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org