Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides professional, administrative, and secretarial support to the leadership team; facilitates an effective overall working relationship with management throughout the System and with external contacts.
- Manages calendars, schedules meetings, performs various typing, initiates correspondence, maintains files, makes travel arrangements, and other routine administrative work and minor business details. 30%
- Completes special assignments and department initiatives to ensure a level of support needed to achieve successful outcomes. Performs assignment planning and develops a tracking system to provide feedback on status. 20%
- Initiates and responds to informational requests, including policies, procedures, regulations, report preparation, and correct source for answers. 20%
- Reads and prioritizes all incoming mail (including e-mails), assigns work, routes, responds, and initiates informational requests including inquiries on policies, procedures, and regulations. 10%
- Screens and directs telephone calls as appropriate. Takes appropriate actions and responds to internal and external customer inquiries. 10%
- May coordinate budgetary expenses, including but not limited to accounts payable/receivables, purchases, expense reports, travel requisitions, bank deposits, and other requests. 10%
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 year’s administrative support experience.
- Excellent technical skills including minute-taking, dictation, and computer software skills (MS Office Suite).
- Must utilize appropriate tact and discretion in dealing with highly confidential and/or sensitive material.
- Associate’s Degree.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice