Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Inspects, repairs, assembles, installs, operates and tests various patient care, utility, life safety and process equipment.
- Ensure the proper operation of the hospital’s energy systems including the steam, medical gases, oxygen, chilled water, electricity, vacuum and HVAC equipment so as to provide a safe environment for staff and patients. (40%)
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections according to established PM procedures. Perform building maintenance functions and minor plumbing, mechanical and electrical repairs and any other necessities that should arise. (35%)
- Maintain clean and safe work environment. Comply with all safety and infection control policies and procedures in testing, maintenance and use of equipment, in work project areas, and in maintenance shop.(15%)
- Receive, prioritize and dispatch work requests according to department procedures. Completes all documentation, log sheets, requisitions and accountability sheets per department procedures. (10%)
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Valid PA Driver's License.
- Three (3) years of experience repairing mechanical equipment and systems; healthcare environment
- Experience preferred. Ability to communicate with hospital staff, patients and visitors required. Knowledge of plumbing, electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Associate's degree or trade school certificate in maintenance mechanics preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org