Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This position will work onsite M-F 8a-4:30p.
The role of the incumbent is to create a welcoming, harm reduction focused environment for the site's clients. The position greets clients, logs their reason for visit, and connects them with resources or supplies as needed. The site support is the front facing staff for the hub and should exemplify customer service by building relationships with clients who visit and orienting them to the services the hub provides.
- Supports Site Coordinator in the day-to-day operations of the outreach hub services to foster a welcoming, non-judgmental environment for clients. Ensure safety for clients and staff by utilizing trauma-informed practices, de-escalation, and harm reduction practices. Greet clients and provide the services and support needed in a timely and respectful manner. Engage clients using motivational interviewing, trauma-informed practices, and harm reduction techniques to address any social, medical, and psychological needs. Work closely with other client-facing teams to provide a continuum of support for individuals, monitoring case management platform to be up to date on recent interactions.
- Assist with disseminating food, clothing, hygiene supplies, and other basic needs the hub keeps on hand for clients. Track inventory, requesting supplies, keeping service areas clean, removing trash, make sure all equipment and utilities are correctly functioning at all times
- Maintain a safe, neat, and clean environment; report any facility-related issues to the Operations team
- Other duties as assigned
- High School / GED
- 1 year in Social service working with individuals who are homeless, actively using drugs, or have severe behavioral health issues.
- Associate's Degree in Human Services or related field
- Working knowledge of harm reduction principles, conflict prevention, de-escalation, and trauma-informed training preferred.
- Experience using HMIS and/or other case management documentation systems.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org