Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs phlebotomy procedures including collecting, packaging and transporting of specimens for diagnostic testing by the laboratory. Responsible for training new staff.
- Collect venous and fingerstick blood specimens from all patient types and age groups in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Train and orient new employees, students, and homecare nurses in proper practices and procedures of blood collection for assigned work duties.
- Operate and utilize the laboratory computer system to the fullest extent possible for the job activities and work area assigned
- Monitor levels of and orders supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
- Package and transport specimens to appropriate departments for processing by laboratory personnel.
- Answer telephones, voice pages and beeper calls to respond to work flow change in a timely manner.
- Ensure positive patient identification, 100% of the time.
- High school diploma / GED
- Phlebotomy Training
- Phlebotomy or medical assistant certificate
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org