Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Verifies and processes patient diet orders. Monitors the quality and accuracy of patient meal service. Assists patients with meal selections and provides basic instruction on dietary modifications.
- Plans patient meal selections consistent with diet order, performs nutrition interventions, and special accommodations/requests, and maintains and updates all required database files and documentation. (35%)
- Provides basic patient education/nutrition counseling and other patient support functions of a routine nature including diet orders and nutrition staff interventions such as: (e.g. calorie counts, ext NPOs, checks and balances, update files, diet change, QA). (35%)
- Identifies individuals who require nutrition care, makes appropriate referrals, intervenes at basic nutrition care level as per procedures, and documents process. Ability to visit patients per department and regulatory policies and procedures. (15%)
- Documents interventions in the medical chart according to established policies and procedures. (10%)
- Administrative functions such as: directs department telephone and fax communication; maintains departmental records and reports; processes deposits of cafeteria sales and maintains cash register bank. (5%)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s Degree.
- ADA registration as a Registered Dietetic Technician or registry eligible with completion of the ADA registration exam within 6 months of start date. (DTR-Registered Dietetic Technician).
- Minimum of 1 nutrition course
- Food service experience.
- Food Safety certification.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org