Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs all components of the registration process while maintaining HIPAA regulations and perform switchboard duties as assigned. Support and enhance activities of nursing unit by effectively communicating, transcribing orders, chart maintenance and maintaining an organized work environment.
- Establishes patient record for registration or pre-registration by obtaining necessary clinical, demographic, financial and insurance information, accurately entering information into the electronic registration system. Complies with all regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, hospital policies and procedures in performance of patient registration. Processes physician office fax forms. (35%)
- Utilizes variable software and online verification systems for screening and authorization/referral purposes. (15%)
- Collects and processes patient co-pays and payments, and balances cash drawer. (10%)
- Performs switchboard operator and clerical duties as assigned which may include routing phone call, facility paging, initiating codes and monitoring alarm systems. (10%)
- Performs clerical duties related to admission, transfer and discharge and maintenance of patient activities for the record, telephone answering and unit receptionist. (10%)
- Transcribes orders subject to the approval of a licensed nurse requesting clarification when necessary. (10%)
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members regarding patient care and other issues. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or diploma for Medical Billing Program
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org