Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job implements and administers strategic activities related to client retention, growth, and profitability of existing accounts within the assigned market. May also have responsibility for the acquisition and profitability of new accounts. The incumbent motivates and develops sales personnel to achieve and/or exceed new sales goals or opportunities and directing the activities of new sales to ensure corporate objectives are met as they relate to the market. Responsible for market management (i.e., awareness and management of external distribution channel relationships, competition, media and development of overall market/region strategies). Develops and monitors targets to ensure sales staff meet goals and standards.
- Understand and utilize economic, financial, market and industry segment data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues and implications for potential strategies and plans.
- Utilize appropriate financial strategies and systems to achieve financial goals while managing risk to the organization.
- Forecast and achieve annual retention goals and objectives to ensure growth and profitability goals are met or exceeded.
- Analyze risk and initiate actions that balance risk and profitability to achieve team profitability and client satisfaction.
- Continuously monitor and maintain knowledge of the market and competition.
- Develop new potential markets and grow existing business for the Organization.
- Influence and build effective relationships with business partners (i.e. customers, peers, and Producers).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, consultants and brokers.
- 5 years of sales experience in health- or insurance-related field
- Leadership & Management experience
- Health Insurance experience in applicable market segment
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Talent Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Creativity & Innovation
- Drive for Results
- Evaluates Critically
- Planning & Organization Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of Degree
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- State-specific Producer License Life, Accident & Health are required or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Office- or Remote-based
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org