Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides triage, referral, and counseling services for clients according to legal and administrative policies and procedures with documentation of service goals and client response. Contributes to Counseling Center policies and procedures and marketing and planning strategies. Works independently with minimum supervision. Provides counseling and consultation to inpatients at Jefferson Regional Medical Center Psychiatric and Medical Services.
- Provides counseling services in individual, marital and family modalities to improve or maintain ability to function effectively in necessary family, vocational and community roles. Services are provided to children, adolescents, adults, and elderly clients by staff appropriately trained to provide services to the specific age groups. Based on program needs these services could be provided at the outpatient or inpatient units. Outpatient services could be provided at counseling center locations including the IOP.
- Provides triage for outpatient clients to recommend appropriate treatment setting. Expedites referral to appropriate inpatient, rehabilitation, intensive outpatient or community agencies, or resources to provide/establish appropriate care.
- Initiates and maintains current clinical records to document service and client response or non-compliance. Prepares reports of service for insurance and referral agencies for service approval. Develops written treatment plan to identify treatment goals.
- Coordinates/recommends referrals to treatment Team for psychiatric and psychological assessment to ensure necessary service components.
- Provides on call contact with clients as assigned to assess urgency of client need and recommend appropriate management. Provides on call coverage to caseload and for staff coverage to assess need as contacted.
- Provides input for development of Counseling Center programs, policies, and procedures to ensure currency and appropriateness of same.
- Acts as inter and intra system liaison and resource person to provide continuity of care and educational assistance as required. Participates in planning/marketing strategy to ensure referral sources.
- Participates in peer utilization and/or review and assists in coordination of related quality assurance efforts to improve provision of service. Updates clinical expertise to ensure treatment skills are current.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of prior job-related work experience
- PA State LCSW, LPC, or Psychologist licensure
- CPR Certification
- Ph.D. in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org