Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
** THIS POSITION IS FOR UNDERGRAD STUDENTS GRADUATING DECEMBER 2023 THROUGH JUNE 2024**
This job is responsible for definition, planning and delivery of programs that require cross-functional collaboration and management of interdependencies between a group of projects and/or related activities within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget. Includes the management of a group of internal exempt and/or matrixed employees and contractors that serve on the program(s) to deliver solutions for the business. This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to various parts of our organization and to develop the next generation of diverse business and technology talent. To that end, this internship will prepare participants for potential positions in the Enterprise Technology Development Program (ETDP).
- Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles.
- Research best practices, leading technologies, and emerging industry trends for consideration in design and improvement relating to rotations.
- Works with more senior team members, customers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Resource Managers to assist in capturing capability needs and driving quality business solutions.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of deliverables such as business vision, requirements, personalization to different clients, and user interface design.
- Helps to build project roadmap to plan, organize, and control the day-to-day operations of the project, including budgetary oversight and optimal resource utilization.
- Direct corrective action as needed to maintain the viability of the program, report to the key stakeholders on the progress, business impacts, and strategies around the project(s).
- Works with business and technical organizations to drive out program strategy and approach.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 1 year in one or more club(s), volunteerism effort, or other activity outside of classroom, presenting to key stakeholders or executing projects with a team
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals including, but not limited to, project charters, Gantt charts, status reports, meeting notes, project plans, process flows, and risk logs
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and/or Waterfall
- Knowledge/Background of Lean Six Sigma
- Basic Understanding of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Vision and/or Digital AI
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project Delivery
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Written and Spoken Communication Skills
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Budget Management
- Ability to build and sustain internal and external customer relationships
- Enrollment, with current standing as a Junior, in an accredited Bachelor's (or higher) degree program with an anticipated graduation date within 12 months of internship start date in Management Information Systems or related field
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) or Certified Scrum Master
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum:
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org