Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
As a member of the health care team, the Medical Assistant Lead provides clinical oversight and provides guidance at large multi-site practices. Oversees the remaining and onboarding process for newly hired medical assistants. Educates Medical Assistants on new work flows, policies and procedures, and coordinates the medical assistant schedules. Works closely with Practice Management to provide ongoing education to Medical Assistants as needed. Provides leadership and guidance to the Medical Assistants and continually asses their clinical skills as appropriate. Recommends additional clinical training or reeducation as appropriate and escalate as needed.
- Oversee the training and onboarding process for newly hired medical assistants, as well as students and interns. Provides continuous training to the department medical assistants on new work flows and clinical office policies and/or procedures. Serve as a champion by promoting patient satisfaction, MA development, and positive employee relations. Serves as a clinical resource regarding clinical workflows, department policies and procedures. (25%)
- Provides clinical oversight and serves as a department resource for medical assistants. Provides meaningful feedback and input for performance reviews. Responsible for preparing staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage. Identifies gaps in education and recommends and provides training as appropriate. (20%)
- Acts as an electronic health record (EHR) superuser. Communicates and educates staff on new work flows as they pertain to their role. Accurately documents all pertinent details in the EHR according to established standards and work flows including all pertinent patient interactions at the time of the encounter in the correct EHR note type. Reviews, updates, and reconciles medication list in the EHR. Reviews problem list and social history with patient and updates record. Follows Meaningful Use standards and assists with population health management. (15%)
- Prepares and rooms patients within the clinical practice setting according to standardized work flows. Accurately obtains patient vital signs. Accurately documents patient information, patient history, and medication reconciliation. Prepares exam room for patient visit. Demonstrates advanced proficiency in teaching pre-visit planning, meaningful use standards, appropriate documentation and workflows. (15%)
- Assists in the coordination of patient care under supervision of the assigned health care provider. Assists providers with examination and procedures. Assists with patient prescription needs based on established protocols. Provides guidance and oversight to Medical Assistants regarding these essential functions. (10%)
- In collaboration with the clinical team members, provides follow up with patients at designated intervals via patient preferred method (telephone, electronic, written) in accordance with prescribed provider instructions. Notifies patients of the test results under the direction of provider in a timely manner. Mentors staff who need additional support to promote positive patient interactions and satisfaction. (10%)
- Oversees and ensures adequate inventory of medical supplies. Ensures all patient treatment areas are at all times stocked with the appropriate supplies using established inventory standards. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 1 year certificate from a college or technical school
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Electronic Health Record experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org