Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 20220909
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Operating Room/ Thoracic
Status: Full Time
Shift: 80 hours every two weeks
Schedule: call and rotation for shifts
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Collaborates with the OR Manager assigned to a specific specialty area in directing and providing
perioperative nursing care.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for a specific set of surgical subspecialties while scrubbing and/or circulating in the OR.
- Coordinates the delivery of cost effective and safe patient care within budgetary controls and monitors the sub-specialty inventory control levels for supplies and equipment.
- Develops, evaluates and/or revises systems and processes for obtaining, repairing, trialing, tracking and utilization of supplies and equipment in close cooperation with the OR managers, OR director and perioperative business staff.
- Acts in the capacity of a charge RN when necessary.
- Assists in the development of service specific competencies, service orientation and continuing education programs.
- Ensures compliance with departmental policies such as radiation safety, fire safety, disaster plans, infection control and external accreditation/regulatory bodies.
- Assists the OR charge nurse with daily assignments and assures appropriate staff coverage for a given sent of sub-surgical specialties. Helps direct staff RNs and surgical technicians to complete team and departmental projects. Reviews surgical schedule in advance to anticipate needed supplies, equipment and prosthesis.
- Current licensure as an RN
- Minimum (3) three years Perioperative nursing
- Minimum (1) one year Thoracic RN OR experience
- National accreditation within one year (CNOR)
- BSN Preferred
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org