Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
$10,000 Sign on Bonus for Eligible Candidates
This job independently performs routine and highly complex laboratory analyses on clinical specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Performs a variety of routine and complex procedures using established criteria to provide quality clinical information. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and linearity for test methods. (50%)
- Operates, calibrates, checks and maintains instrumentation. Recognizes problems with quality control and test procedures and takes appropriate action to ensure quality clinical information. (30%)
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians, phlebotomists, other health care providers, as needed. Participates in continuing education to ensure growth and development of the laboratory. (5%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. (5%)
- May collect and process patient specimens in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and within the expected time frames. (5%)
- May mentor MT/MLT, phlebotomy students and new employees in laboratory testing following system policies and procedures. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in ASCP eligible program
- Meet ongoing education requirements for certification
- 1 to 2 year's clinical laboratory experience
- If located in Pennsylvania: Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) OR Medical Technologist (MT) required within one year of hire
- If located in New York: Clinical Laboratory OR Limited Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required within one year of hire, plus 1 year of prior experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org