Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Coordinates staffing for the Department of Nursing and performs other duties and responsibilities for the Department of Nursing as required.
- Assists in providing adequate, competent staff for each of the nursing units, at single or multiple entities, by working closely with the Nurse Managers to identify their staffing needs. Coordinates and adjusts nursing schedules on a daily basis; also reviews schedules for monthly projections. Looks and plans proactively for staffing needs created by vacancies and Leaves of Absences. (45%)
- Under the direction of the Nurse Director or Manager, may act as the liaison with external staffing agencies. (10%)
- May handle appropriate orientation of agency/external staff, ensuring their orientation/training meets DOH and JCAHO guidelines; maintains appropriate files for agency/external staff. (10%)
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members as they enter or contact the nursing office.(10%)
- Maintains statistical information. Maintains workflow in accordance to staffing pattern and/or per request of nurse directors. (25%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be able to function independently on a daily basis, referring issues to the Nursing Management when appropriate. Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with staff and managers at all levels of the organization
- Must have excellent telephone, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Basic computer skills required with spreadsheets, reports, email etc. Prior experience dealing with contracts, payroll and/or human resources policies helpful
- 1 year in a medical setting, customer service, secretarial and/or experience with various computer software programs preferred
- Previous experience in a staffing/scheduler role
- Previous experience with Kronos and Kronos Scheduler
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org