Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job creates strategies around assigned contract categories, functions, and commodities. Develops business plans for broad contract areas. Negotiates all contracts (client and GPO) and manages related GPO operational activities. Provides guidance and coaching to Contract Managers, Sourcing Specialists, and other key department resources as required. Oversees high dollar and strategic bids across a various commodities. Assists in the coordination and operations of GPO business. Develops high level strategic relationships with client leaders and strategic supplier partners. Creates and presents business cases to senior leadership throughout the organization.
- Create strategic business plans for various contract categories to assist in the management and strategy for overall category or function. Plans will include current and future market environment, market conditions, health system strategic plan, time-frames, and contracting strategy. Oversee commodity areas and provides guidance to department personal to ensure a successful execution of the strategic plan.
- Serve as principal investigator, assist in project management and serve as contractual expert on specific projects as appropriate. Oversee and assist support staff to assigned projects when appropriate to ensure timely/cost effective completion of contractual requirements.
- Participate in the formulation, development and revision to policies, procedures and strategies related to strategic sourcing as appropriate. Follows sourcing process to manage high dollar and strategic contracting functions (client and GPO), develops business case and presents to senior leadership throughout organization.
- Monitor contract performance to determine necessity for amendments, extensions and compliance by both the Business Partner and Clients. Serves as primary liaison with contracting principals to ensure compliance with specifications and works to resolve issues related to contract performance.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- 7 years in strategic sourcing, purchasing / contracting field; complete understanding of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) contracting methods, experience in leading commodity teams, sourcing, bidding, negotiating, detailed data analysis and awarding of major commodity contracts for a wide array of clinical and non-clinical products and/or services. Experience in contractual language, performance measures, detailed financial data analysis and claims arbitration. Demonstrated experience data management and analysis skills along with internet sourcing and e-sourcing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and facilitating cross-functional teams
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Driver’s License
- Proficient presenting in front of all audiences
- Ability to develop and articulate contract recommendations to all stakeholders
- Uses knowledge of industry and market trends to develop long-term business strategies
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively presents complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at all levels and in various sizes
- Must have an understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
- Successful experience in achieving results through people in a complex environment
- Five (5) years of experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, and the Internet
- Strong understanding of contracts, contract law and negotiation
- Strong analytical ability, financial acumen, and project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of assessing and recommending creative and time-sensitive solutions
- Freedom to resolve day-to-day operational issues within the scope of Policies/procedures and operational standards
Languages (Other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org