Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that is part of Union SEIU-E. This role supports the Claude R. Joyner, MD Echocardiography Laboratory at Allegheny General Hospital - where you'll be working in a fast-paced environment with cutting edge technology and procedures.
AHN is an integrated health system dedicated to providing exceptional care to people in our communities. We offer competitive pay rates and flexible career growth and show employee appreciation through a comprehensive benefits package and access to wellness programs and resources.
If you're looking to be part of a strong team that makes a difference in patient’s lives each and every day, apply today to kick off your career with us!
Performs cardiac ultrasound imaging including Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE), Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE), Pharmacological and exercise stress echocardiography and may perform contrast imaging per approved protocols.
- Positions patients, selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately to independently perform ultrasound imaging according to ICAEL protocol efficiently and accurately. Assists the cardiologist with the performance of TEE and stress imaging studies.(65%)
- Utilizes safety and infection prevention standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures. Cleans equipment including TEE probes per laboratory approved protocol. Maintains adequate supplies for efficient department operations.(15%)
- Recognizes the need for contrast imaging and may administer if trained and verified as competent per laboratory protocol.(5%)
- Operates the laboratory ultrasound systems, information systems and databases and enters all required demographic and other data.(15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDCS),or ARRT or CCI Registered Technologist, or registry eligible. (Must obtain certification within one year of employment.)
- CPR certified.
- Two years experience performing echocardiograms preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice