Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
$5,000 sign on bonus eligible with 1 year commitment
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance and support for the registered pharmacist.
- Processes medication orders including computer order entry, medication preparation and assembles all items prior to pharmacist final check. (25%)
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and supplies according to established policies and procedures, including inspection of assigned areas and use of pharmacy computer systems. (25%)
- Provides customer service by taking patient’s prescriptions and documenting all required information, handles all customer interactions in a courteous and efficient manner, and releases medications required by policy/procedure. (25%)
- For Outpatient Techs: Validates Medicaid, Medicare, or commercial insurance drug coverage and ensures adjudication is complete addressing any error messages, plus handles cash, prepares deposits and accounting reports. (25%)
- For Inpatient Techs: Compounds, stocks, repackages and batches from bulk medications. Prepares routine patient orders for IV pharmaceuticals including compounding, preparation and labeling of any IV admixture including antibiotics, solutions, irrigations, narcotics, parenteral nutrition and chemotherapy (25%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT). Incumbents in role as of July 1, 2022 must achieve CPhT by 1/1/2023.
- Completion of a pharmacy technician training program or 1 year equivalent experience in lieu of formal training program.
- 1 year of pharmacy experience in respective area.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org