Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job collaborates with palliative care providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team to support effective outcomes and shared goals for patients and their families. Professional role model utilizing expertise in care management to promote a collaborative professional environment that supports excellence of care and achievement of optimal resource utilization.
- Assumes role in assessment of patient physical, psychosocial, and economic needs for effective transition of care planning to a variety of levels of care.
- Contributes to the development of the transition plan for the patient and the family.
- Documents, verifies, and validates specific data required to monitor and evaluate interventions and outcomes. Interviews and collects patient specified data and chart review related to readmission.
- Knowledgeable of and complies with accreditation and regulatory requirements. Integrates performance improvement principles and customer service principles into all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Participates in Goals of Care conversations with patient or designated proxy.
- Coordinate care between Highmark entities, including Endorsed LLC (Enhanced Community Care Management), Healthcare@Home, and Journeys.
- Participates in Highmark data tracking to improve clinical outcomes.
- Participates in department-specific quality initiatives. Assures appropriate order sets are used.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, evaluate, and implement a patient plan of care according to the individual needs of the patient as prescribed by physician, nurse, and hospital policy, including patient and family.
- Perform symptom assessment/management and med titration.
- Assumes responsibility for AHN required continued education and own professional growth.
- Performs others duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing OR Bachelor's Degree and Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current PA RN License
- CPR Certification
- Discharge planning and community resource knowledge
- 1 year in a Home Care or hospice role
- Case Management experience
- 1 year in Critical Care
- Time management skills
- Strong communication skills
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org