Job Description :
This position will lead a team of Advanced Practice Providers (APP) who are delivering supportive and palliative care in the community and virtually. This leader will provide day to day support to the APPs as well as provide general clinical guidance.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Monitor clinical quality in all regions where services are being delivered. Design and implement quality assurance protocols and use reporting to monitor.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for ECCM Care Delivery and participate in new project work.
- Collaborate with ECCM Care Delivery leadership team to work toward shared outcomes.
- Collaborate with ECCM Medical Directors to ensure that clinical best practice is adhered to.
- Partner with departments in the enterprise on projects related to care delivery, shared savings, and organizational goals.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 3 years as a CRNP or PA-C
- 1 year in a management role
- 1 year in Palliative Care/Hospice
- 1 year with Community-based healthcare
- People Leadership
- Continuous Improvement or Project Work
- Quality Assurance
- Interdisciplinary Team Work
- Oral and Written Communication
- Understanding of Advance Practice Provider scope and limitations
- Delivery of Virtual Healthcare Visits
- Customer service skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Master's Degree in Nursing or a Certified Physician Assistant program
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Physician Assistant - Certified (PA-C) OR Certified Registered Nurse Practioner (CRNP)
- Prescriptive Authority in State of Hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Language (Other than English):
25% - 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org