Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
Duties Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this position.
E1. Contacts provider offices and/or facilities to request copies of medical records, and acts as the point of contact for inquiries regarding medical record requests.
E2. Identifies and coordinates the most efficient retrieval methods with providers, such as onsite retrieval, secure electronic access, or secure web upload.
E3. Obtains medical records according to tight timeframes, and facilitates storage of records in secure organizational repositories.
E4. Performs research and investigation to ensure successful retrieval with provider offices, troubleshooting issues as they arise.
E5. Tracks and documents activity completely and accurately in all systems in a timely manner.
E6. Adheres to all HIPAA regulations and preserves the highest level of security and confidentiality when handling all medical record information.
E7. Travels to provider offices or medical facilities to obtain medical records.
E8. Identifies and seeks out process improvement opportunities to improve workflow efficiency and contributes to the design of solutions.
E9. Effectively communicates with team members and external healthcare providers to ensure adherence to strict project deadlines.
E10. Prepares hard copy medical records for conversion into electronic images.
E11. Utilizes knowledge of medical records to audit the accuracy, completion and pertinence of EMR.
E12. Requests further information/verification from providers in the event that an incomplete/incorrect EMR is provided.
E13. Effectuates what constitutes a complete EMR and process needed to withdraw necessary information to a provider in order to make sure accurate information is being attained.
N14. Performs other duties as necessary.
Health Information Technology or other health care related field.Prior document management experience required, including knowledge and proficiency with Adobe Pro, scanners, flash drives, navigation of document repository, tracking requests, and maintaining issues logs Recent prior health care and/or health insurance experience preferred Experience and familiarity with medical records, medical terminology, and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems preferred. Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) through AHIMA preferred.
1. Demonstration of company core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Personal Responsibility, Passion, Excellence, and Respect.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Visio, and Excel – Intermediate. Proficiency in Adobe Pro.
3. Working knowledge of HIPAA requirements and demonstrated commitment to privacy, security, and confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) required.
4. Proficiency in navigating and retrieving clinical information from EMR/EHR systems preferred.
5. Demonstration of company core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Personal Responsibility, Passion, Excellence, and Respect.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage projects to a successful outcome.
8. Well organized, paying close attention to detail.
9. Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems.
10. Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner.
11. Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
12. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a timely manner and effectively prioritize tasks.
13. Ability to be responsive to the needs and requirements of the provider offices, and to provide effective ongoing service and support.
14. Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
15. Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a highly confidential manner.
16. Work independently of a direct supervisor while offsite.
Does this Position have Supervisory Responsibility? No
Number of Emps Supervised:
Titles of Employees Supervised:
Other Job Specifications:
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
* Travel time required - 10 - 25%
* Heat, light, air, space and working environment typically found in an office environment
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
* Sitting - 67% to 100% Continuous
* Mental effort: Adequate to perform essential functions of the job with the type of judgements and responsibilities as indicated in the job description.
* Weight: lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 lbs.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org