Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the accounting functions related to financial and regulatory reporting including preparing financial and regulatory reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP). The incumbent coordinates external audits with outside CPA firms and related projects as assigned by management. Detailed responsibilities vary by department but may include the following: financial statement preparation including footnotes, consolidation and other monthly close activities including journal entries, board reports, insurance department financial filings, general ledger account reconciliations, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of internal and external financial reporting deliverables (e.g. audited financial statements, insurance department filings, board reports, debt covenant calculations and investor relations reports).
- Prepare and record journal entries, prepare reconciliations and analytical and departmental reports, and ensure compliance with current accounting standards, company policies and procedures, and regulatory guidelines .
- Prepare schedules and footnotes to support annual and interim reporting.
- Coordinate annual audits with external audit firm; act as liaison with external audit firm during fieldwork.
- Research and implement new accounting pronouncements, as well as US GAAP and/or SAP financial reporting requirements.
- Implement financial reporting, systems, and process improvements to ensure best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 years in Accounting or Financial Statement Consolidation or Financial Reporting with a large Public Regulated Company, or 5 years in Finance and Accounting, and
- 2 years in GAAP Accounting or STAT Accounting
- 2 years in Financial Reporting
- 1 - 3 years in External Audit
- 1 - 3 years in the Health Insurance Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Non-Specific
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org