Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Evaluates and treats patients with injuries or diseases resulting in loss of physical or functional abilities; supervises work performed by support personnel; effectively communicates and collaborates with patients, families and members of the healthcare team.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition and establishes goals and plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard, and, possibly specialized, physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Completes documentation to comply with department, hospital and regulatory standards.
- Participates in departmental initiatives for operational improvement, including committees and educational offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- State licensure as a Physical Therapist or eligible.
- Master’s Degree.
- Current state driver’s license.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org