Company :Highmark Caring Place
Job Description :
This job is a key supporter of the daily operations of an assigned Caring Place facility and is expected to assist all office staff to ensure an effective and efficient operation. The incumbent provides a variety of administrative tasks to support the overall program operations and objectives. Responsibilities include working closely with the site manager and team to ensure deadlines are met and the staff has necessary tools to optimize job performance. This job requires strong organizational skills and an ability to work closely, and to maintain positive working relationships with, colleagues and a wide variety of individuals at all levels within the Caring Place as well as within Highmark Health. The incumbent is flexible, adaptable to change and interested in learning new skills. Further, the incumbent is an experienced individual with the ability remain calm in high-stress situations and solve problems in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. This job is often the first person families requiring the services of the Caring Place will encounter. The incumbent possesses the ability to listen to the details of difficult life stories and the skills to manage the long term impact of hearing such stories. The ability to appropriately maintain confidential information is essential.
- Assist with event planning details associated with peer support groups and special events including set up, food ordering, attendance tracking, inventory management, as well as helping with additional details necessary for the successful execution of events. Coordinate the scheduling and use of the space for all events and meetings held within.
- Act as the first person of contact for a family, potential volunteer, and/or community partners contacting the Caring Place. Answer, screen, and route incoming calls and messages. Respond to routine questions. Gather basic demographic information from families, including the reason the caller is contacting the Caring Place, and ensure a warm hand-off to the appropriate program staff person. Greet, screen, and direct on-site visitors to appropriate staff member.
- Complete data entry into Salesforce of information pertinent to the family, volunteer, school, and outreach and education areas including tracking attendance, outcomes, and new contacts as well as keeping records current. Run reports from Salesforce as requested.
- Provide essential assistance in the processing the paperwork for new as well as veteran volunteers including the processing of the required clearances and tracking them in the Salesforce database.
- Process all program expenses and donations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate's Degree
- 3 - 5 years of general office experience
- Administrative Assistants
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Event Planning
- Friendly Personality
- Microsoft Office
Language Requirement (other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS, AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Does Not Apply
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org