Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Plans, develops and organizes the operations of campus Medical Staff Services; provides professional and technical assistance to the Medical Staff by documenting medical staff meeting minutes accurately, clearly and concisely in a format compatible with regulatory and accreditation requirements; assists in Medical Staff budget preparation and maintenance; may prepare and distribute Medical Staff unavailabilities and call schedules; provides supportive services to Medical Staff leaders in fulfilling the responsibilities of their offices or position.
- Organizes, schedules, and records minutes at meetings of the medical staff. (30%)
- Coordinates Medical Staff activities and acts as a liaison between the Medical Staff, nursing staff and Administration to ensure the administrative responsibilities of the Medical Staff are met. (10%)
- Manages the medical staff financial records and accounts. Provides ongoing reports to the medical staff treasurer of the status of the accounts. Collects Medical Staff dues and meeting fines as applicable. (10%)
- May prepare and distribute the specialty call roster for emergency call coverage. (10%)
- Maintains an accurate, complete, and up-to-date record of physician attendance at Medical Staff meetings. (5%)
- Manages physician unavailabilities and coverage listings. (5%)
- May facilitate the credentialing and privileging process for the medical staff and allied health professional staff for initial appointments, reappointments, changes in status or privileges, temporary privileges, FPPE and OPPE evaluations based on facility. (30%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associate's Degree or two year's equivalent administrative experience required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work independently and collaboratively across department boundaries. Works in a changing environment with multiple responsibilities to prioritize. Minimum 3 years’ experience in the medical or executive secretarial field required. Excellent guest relations skills, typing/word processing at a minimum of 80 wpm, transcription skills, and medical terminology required.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credential Specialist
- Microsoft Office skills
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org