Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the timely transport of mail, claims, stock, skids of freight, boxes, packages, bank deposits, time sensitive medical review cases, and insurance department materials using materials handling equipment to load and unload materials from vehicles. The incumbent maintains logs, performs vehicle inspections, pools vehicle requests, maintenance/repairs, and coordinates delivery routes.
- Provide the timely and safe transport of corporate internal mail, inventory orders, print shop requests and special delivery/pick up requests as needed to “local” corporate locations and other external “local” locations
- Depending on level, may be exposed to continuous outdoor activity, frequent sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, twisting, upper body, climbing, exposure to extreme heat, cold, noise, mechanical hazards, fume/odor, hazards, occasional kneeling, crawling, carrying fifty pounds and, and lifting up to sixty pounds.
- Back up the Senior Transportation Coordinator when absent, which may include coordination of vehicle pool assignments and driver route assignments for department personnel and delivery schedules
- Service corporate vehicles including fueling, checking lights, oil levels tires and preventive maintenance on a daily basis.
- Depending on level, may be responsible for coordination of general pool vehicle requests, corporate vehicle maintenance and repair invoice processing, Turnpike EZ pass and Fuel Master billing reconciliation, and coordination of external rental vehicle requests to meet customer demand
- Provide input for quality improvement of daily Mail Center processes to facilitate efficient use of time, technology and team members.
- Follow corporate and department guidelines for the proper handling of Protected Health Information (PHI), reporting possible violations and opportunities for improvement when appropriate
- Maintain good business relationships with key personnel.
- Interface with customers in courteous and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma/GED
- 3 - 5 years of related, progressive experience. Exempted experience requirements effective August 2016
- Minimum of 21 years old
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- A valid driver's license and ability to obtain a Department of Transportation's Medical Examination Certificate within 30 days of hire date, and maintain the certificate as required
- Experience operating various makes and models of motor vehicles up to and including medium duty 26,000 box trucks which includes vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
- Ability to maintain a good driving record and knowledge of Pennsylvania State Motor Vehicles laws, as well as, have the ability to be bondable
- You will maintain a good driving record and knowledge of Pennsylvania State Motor Vehicles laws, as well as, have the ability to be bondable
- Be flexible in work hours in order to support the different delivery/pick-up schedules and must be willing to rotate work or shift assignments
- Forklift and pallet jack operation experience
- Ability to maintain logs and perform vehicle inspections
- (Depending on Level), Maintain Excel spreadsheets
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org