Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is actively involved in the execution of audit activities related to information technology security, system implementations, and data privacy to determine whether Highmark Health and its subsidiaries' network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and operated by management, are adequate and functioning. Assesses whether the processes and controls provide reasonable assurance that information technology and security risks are identified and managed, and that significant financial, operational, and protected information is secure, accurate, reliable, and processed timely. Determine and assist with the development of recommendations to improve the implementation of business process and systems changes and project management controls. Execute the IT Assurance and Advisory programs aligned with the overall Internal Audit strategy. Comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, employees in this role may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. In connection with this responsibility, employees in this role must adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
ESSENTIA L RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with identifying and assessing the organization’s key information technology, security, and data privacy risk areas.
- Plan and executes information technology, security, system implementaion, and data privacy audit activities across Highmark Health enterprise while maintaining independence and adhering to professional inductry standards.
- Produce high-quality audit work papers, ensuring satisfactory documentation of results.
- Effectively communicate with customers, supervisors, and subject matter experts to deliver on requests and tasks in a timely manner, and to ensure clarity on project status, deadlines, and deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist with the process to close-out and finalize audits / projects, including the identification and assessment of issues, development of audit reports, and review of supporting documentation and workpapers in accordance with Departmental standards
- Contribute with maintaining a positive working environment through the building of solid relationships with team members.
- Coordinate with independent auditors in executing audit procedures for the organization, where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
Experience with Information Systems auditing OR
Experience in audit and an Information Systems related discipline, such as Information Security, Change Management, Systems Development, etc.
Familiarity with a wide variety of computer application platforms, including but not limited to: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, RACF, Linux, and Windows.
Cybersecurity/ IT risk assurance expertise
Experience with Archer Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) suite of products
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge of internal audit functions, particularly as applied to information technology and data security
- Ability to apply auditing (GAAS), accounting (GAAP) and/or IS industry standards to the evaluation of systems environments and processes (i.e., data center operations, information security, input, output and processing controls, back-up and recovery, business contingency planning, systems development, and the implementation of advanced technologies)
- Effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation
- Oral and written communication skills when interfacing and collaborating with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions, emphasizing a client-based focus to understand and respond appropriately to business requirements
- Strong relationship building skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
- Ability to interact, build credibility and long-term relationships with senior management to understand the company’s culture, strategic direction, and goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
Language (Other than English):
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org