Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Registers and accessions all specimens delivered to Pathology. Examines surgical biopsy specimens with gross description and maintains supplies, instruments and specimens with the Gross room.
- Registers patient specimens accurately and efficiently to ensure proper testing and charging of patient account. (20%)
- Accessions specimens into laboratory information system, verifying accurate patient identification on specimen requisition and container and investigating discrepancies. (20%)
- Examines and prepares surgical biopsy specimens for microscopic evaluation by providing gross description of each case as defined in the surgical pathology manual. (40%)
- Performs proper handling, storage and disposal of all surgical and autopsy tissue while adhering to the regulatory and compliance standards regarding biohazard and safety. (10%)
- Assists with ordering departmental supplies and maintaining adequate stock. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associates degree in laboratory science field
- 1 year of hospital laboratory experience with biopsy grossing and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Autopsy experience preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org