Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs various technical and support duties for Cytology and Anatomic Pathology.
- Verifies specimen identification and patient history and prepares and processes specimens according to department procedures and protocols. (30%)
- Registers patients and performs test order entry accurately and efficiently to ensure proper testing and charges of patient accounts. (30%)
- Provides support such as answering telephones and faxing reports. Alerts pathologists to FNA procedures(5%)
- Operates, maintains and troubleshoots highly sophisticated instrumentation, recognizes problems and takes appropriate action such as working with vendor for technical support. (10%)
- Trains cytotechs, residents and fellows of pathology in cytoprep procedures. Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. ( 10%)
- Acts as a liaison for clinicians, pathologists and reference lab personnel in the submission, preservation and reporting of esoterioc testing. (5%)
- Aliquots and forward specimens to immunology for HPV testing. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory training program, preferred.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory, preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org