Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN)’s Cancer Institute is searching for a full-time faculty member to serve as Program Director for Developmental Therapeutics, and as an Associate Director (AD) for Clinical Investigational Oncology to join our expanding team located at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh PA .
Cancer Institute Highlights:
- New state-of-the-art Academic Cancer Institute facility
- Pioneering scientific, translational and clinical research
- Outstanding infrastructure exists to support the leader, including clinical grade somatic next generation sequencing (NGS) performed at AHN, an immune monitoring and research lab as well as a proteomics core lab.
- Implementation of a system wide biomarker discovery program aimed at helping in the design and implementation of personalized cancer therapies.
- Large network of 23 locations in Western Pennsylvania, accounting for >8000 new cancer patients per year
- Develop and grow the Developmental Therapeutics program’s early phase clinical trial portfolio with an emphasis on molecular oncology and immunotherapy
- Manage research personnel related to early phase clinical trials
- Strategic planning for clinical trial partnerships and programs
- Development of industry trial programs
- Development of Phase I clinical trial program
- Train residents and fellows in clinical trial processes
- Clinical responsibilities include the care of ambulatory and admitted patients as well as the care of patients with rare solid tumors.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Five years of experience in clinical trials
- Experience in authoring, leading, and publishing phase 1 cancer clinical trials
- Eligible for Pennsylvania License
- MD Graduate of accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of accredited residency and fellowship if required by specialty
- Current PA MD licensure in good standing; current unrestricted DEA certificate
AHN Proudly Offers:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western PA, WV and Eastern OH – ten diverse hospitals, over 250 health care facilities and growing! Our not-for-profit, physician-led organization is a subsidiary of Highmark Health , the second largest integrated health care delivery and financing system in the nation.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, prestigious colleges and universities, proximity to state and local recreational parks, and a nationally-recognized culinary scene. It is home to major sports teams as well as key players within an ever-growing tech industry. Pittsburgh is recognized as one of the ‘most livable cities’ in the United States by Forbes and The Economist. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges, and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org