Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides classroom and clinical instruction and evaluation of students; Contributes to functions of Faculty Organization to recruit and admit students, develop, implement and evaluate the program.
- Teaches classroom theory for assigned courses which include course development, creation of outlines, syllabi, bibliographies, teaching materials and examinations according to school policy to insure instruction is current and relevant. (30%)
- Provides clinical instruction and supervision in the clinical area to assist the student in socialization, skill development and the correlation of classroom theory to clinical area. (30%)
- Evaluates student performance in the classroom and in the clinical area according to school policy to insure the promotion and graduation of students. (15%)
- Contributes to the Faculty Organization and its standing committees as assigned to carry out the functions of the organization. (15%)
- Contributes to the annual systematic evaluation activities to improve program quality and maintain accreditation. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required or must be obtained within 5 years of hire
- Current PA RN license
- 2 years experience in clinical area of direct responsibility may be required depending on specialty
- Two years teaching experience in a school of nursing
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org