Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job manages a specified territory for new sales of Senior Products line of business including; Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans (SecurityBlue and FreedomBlue), Medicare supplemental plans (MedigapBlue) and Medicare prescription drug plan (Blue Rx). The incumbent influences community based organizations to build a collaborative relationship to develop prospects and promote interest in the Organization's products. Implements sales strategies to meet or exceed enrollment targets and achieve established sales objectives. The incumbent delivers sales presentations to Medicare eligible audiences in a group setting as well as in a home setting regarding Senior Products lines of business.
The Territory for this role is York, Lancaster, and Berks PA
- Communicate effectively through the proper use of written and verbal communication with senior audiences, all internal levels of management and community based organizations.
- Responsible for managing a specified territory for new sales of Senior Products line of business including; Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans (SecurityBlue and FreedomBlue), Medicare supplemental plans (MedigapBlue) and Medicare prescription drug plan (Blue Rx).
- Implement sales strategies to meet or exceed enrollment targets and achieve established sales objectives.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations to Medicare eligible audiences on all Senior Products lines of business in public venues.
- Influence community based organizations to build a collaborative relationship to develop prospects and promote interest in Highmark products.
- Initiate the development of sales/community activities by engaging key contacts in assigned territories and supporting community, businesses and legislative based events.
- Create and maintain a presence in businesses and organizations who influence the decisions of individual Medicare eligible’s including pharmacies and local government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of experience in sales
- 2 - 4 years in Direct Sales, Member Retention or Customer Service
- PA or WV Producer License with lines of authority in Accident and Health or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
- For some jobs, relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis (e.g. 4 years relevant work experience equals a Bachelor’s degree). This relevant experience must be clearly defined
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare supplemental plans and Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- Strong presentation skills and demonstrated understanding of traditional selling concepts and strategies
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience with PC software including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Language (Other than English):
50% - 75%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org