Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job is responsible for using medical cost analytics to provide fact based insights into emerging medical cost trends and/or develop the impact of business developed programs. The incumbent will have detailed analytical and technical experience with strong communication skills. Will build large data sets to create the analytical foundation of medical cost trends that can be used to develop analytical insights and facts. Working with others on the team, the incumbent will develop the potential medical cost savings value of business solutions through data driven analytics, including but not limited to: 1) developing the value of the programs, 2) tracking the outcomes of the programs, and 3) providing strategic insight into areas of focus/opportunities.
- Ability to extract, summarize and analyze large datasets via SAS, SQL or other similar (or the skills sets needed to learn how to work with large sets of data from multiple sources).
- Build large data sets to create the analytical foundation of medical cost trends that can be used to develop analytical insights and facts.
- Work with mentors learn how to analyze the value of programs designed to save costs.
- Strong communication skills to present clear, concise presentations of the detailed analytics and document assumptions and technical requirements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health, Economics, Mathematics/Actuarial Sciences or other related area
- Master's Degree in Business, Health, Economics, Mathematics/Actuarial Sciences or other related area
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- 3 years in Medical Economics, Healthcare Analytics, Informatics, Underwriting and/or Actuarial Services in the health care payer sector.
- Proven Analytical Ability
- The ability to drive independent work and meet business timelines and outcome
- Strong Technical Data Skills (SAS / SQL, R, Tableau, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to liaison directly with business partners in driving communication of analytics, strategic trade-offs, and new approaches to breaking down analytics
- Knowledge of healthcare Industry trends and challenges
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$57,700.00
Pay Range Maximum:$106,700.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org