Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job performs clinical review and data abstraction of patient records to support compliance with nationally recognized quality initiatives and the network's clinical process improvement and patient safety initiatives. The incumbent requires in-depth understanding of anatomy, physiology and clinical scenarios, critical thinking skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet set deadlines. The incumbent will be responsible for communicating with physicians and staff to seek clarification and provide education as needed.
- Abstracts key clinical findings accurately and in a timely manner and performs direct data entry for inclusion into an aggregate database to meet the requirements of the state, internal use, third party payer requirements and external quality improvement participation based on guidelines. Identifies outliers, records them appropriately and seeks clarification as needed. (80%)
- Performs system functions such as data imports and exports and report running as needed. (10%)
- Participates in ongoing inter rater reliability to ensure accuracy of data abstraction. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School/GED
- RN license or higher
- 3 years working with cardiovascular patients
- 3 years of Strong professional, organizational, communication and inter-disciplinary collaboration skills required to effectively work with all levels of the hospital, including physicians, nursing and support departments
- Working knowledge of data reporting requirements for the various participating registries
- Able to participate in prioritization of data elements and contribute to workflows for data collection activities
- Meets established productivity and accuracy standards
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform well with team in a remote work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and appropriately prioritize work for self
- Seeks education and training opportunities as needed to maintain skillset
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 1 year performing medical record review and data abstraction for cardiovascular registries
- Proficient in the use of computer systems to include Microsoft Office, mainframes and the electronic medical record
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org