Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will have accountability for a scrum team(s) associated with a Product. The incumbent will have responsibility to understand the scope of work necessary to deliver against a roadmap, by assisting in sprint grooming and planning. Will work with the Experience Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure that there is proper coordination and organization of delivery from sprint to sprint. The incumbent will be responsible for managing escalations and risks associated with products thier scrum teams are working on. The incumbent is responsible for ownership of all aspects of the application product life cycle, including but not limited to product strategy, sprint planning/road mapping, marketing alignment, defining the customer value proposition, design, development, delivery, support, and includes partnering with business stakeholders through the experience owners, collaborating with peers, leading cross functional teams, and managing vendors. Regularly engages with Consulting for Design, Architecture, Platform Solutions and Product Development and Marketing teams to enhance product offering and delivery. Strong focus on software development and operational excellence using Agile and Lean practices to create solutions. Ensures outcomes are compliant, high quality, available, reliable, effective, and secure.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary.
- Understand resource utilization across the product teams. Escalate any issues regarding product delivery and review action plans with scrum teams.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of the application product life cycle to ensure operational excellence and continuous improvement of processes.
- Lead the team(s) with industry expertise to plan and execute for current and future products needs.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by preparing presentations and/or reports.
- Act as a coach and mentor to all members of their scrum team(s).
- Assist in creating the sprint plans and supports the team in the delivery.
- Take ownership of any critical impediments that the scrum teams are not able to resolve or escalates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 6 years progressive and related software engineering experience in lieu of Bachelor degree
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5 years of working with information technology
- 3 years in staff management or mentoring others in a leadership role
- 3 years in developing, presenting and communicating technical concepts to varying audiences; experience in developing sprint plans and defining stories; experience working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions or developing applications in healthcare
- 1 year in developing tactical solutions to business problems
- 3 years in Lean techniques and Agile development
- 1 year of Communicating a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the process
- 1 year of Strong knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices and regulations
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Leadership in executing sprint goals that deliver significant business value
- Have experience working with agile methodology of scrum
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Ability to provide feedback on employee performance to promote growth and retention
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrate and champion the following characteristics in fulfilling the responsibilities of the job: passion, accountability, collaboration and ethics
- sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Demonstrates depth of engineering knowledge with a diverse understanding of systems and applications
Languages (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org