Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Prepare and/or assist in preparation and assembly of food to hospital patients and/or cafeteria patrons by performing the following duties:
- Reads patient tray ticket and cooks patient food according to FDA and SVHS guidelines
- Assembles cooked and precooked/shelf stable items on patient tray according to order ticket
- Garnishes plates/food items as appropriate and according to patient guidelines
- Replenishes cuisine on call stations according to pre-determined par levels
- Apportions and serves food according to cafeteria patron requests
- Monitors and records hot and cold food temperatures and refrigerator temperatures twice per shift in accordance with the state and local departments of health
- Collects and places garbage in designated trash containers and areas
- Washes hands according to policy before reporting to work, after a restroom visit, and/or after touching objects or self while engaging in food production, set up, or serving
- Rotates food supplies according to expiration dates, and disposes those that are outdated
- Cleans and sanitizes work equipment, utensils, and work station with proportioned cleaning solutions before and after each use
- Cleans and sanitizes dish ware and pots and pans
- Removes heavy soil before washing
- Uses proper detergent for specified items
- Sanitizes dish ware and pot/pans by observation of final rinse temperature of above 180 degrees F or, by measuring safe PPM of sanitizer colors
- Visually checks for soil on wares and repeats clean procedure is any amount is visible
- Stores all washed and sanitized items in a dry condition and proper location
- Other duties as assigned by the food and nutrition supervisor, manager, or director
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org