Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This role serves as the enterprise head of Digital Experience and Design for all of Highmark Health, leading a dedicated and growing team of digital research, service design, UX, UI design, content and design operations professionals. Will drive the creation and curation of and enterprise design system and UX/UI standards for all digital products, platforms and experiences across Highmark Health business entities. As the digital experience and design leader, the incumbent will be responsible for developing, maintaining and driving use and adoption of human-centered design standards, UX/UI principles and practices, and UI artifact libraries, enabling a more cohesive and efficient delivery and approach to our overall digital portfolio. Also develops performance evaluation and professional development frameworks for these disciplines.
The Head of Digital Experience & Design works closely with senior leaders in Living Health Solutions, Technology Development and Enterprise Analytics to define the strategic direction of the Living Health Dynamic Platform, integrated experience layer, solution sets and the digital experience design in service of realizing the Living Health vision of creating more personalized and engaging digital experiences for customers, and delivering frictionless digital interactions that bring value to customers and clinicians alike.
Beyond the digital interaction itself, this leader will drive the understanding of business processes, defining of business rules that extend to interactions, defining the business rules that extend to interactions, understanding available data and legacy systems, mapping user needs, and then building a front end to address all of that.
- Perform management responsibilities, including, but not limited to: involvement in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; has budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Develop and administer a set of digital experience and design standards and playbooks, human-centered UX/UI practices, structured process for digital design delivery, and oversight & governance to ensure consistency of the digital experience across the enterprise's numerous digital platforms
- Lead the team charged with developing and evolving the Living Health integrated digital platform experience and design in support of strategic objectives, as well as the actual delivery of UX and design artifacts and usage across all enterprise digital products in close relationship with digital product management and product ownership/development leaders.
- Actively engage and build relationships with digital experience and design groups across the organization to align strategies, develop best practice training, leverage resources, and maximize value
- Ensure the implementation and adherence of government regulations, mandates, and process improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Graphic/Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, Psychology/Sociology, Anthropology or UI Design
- Acceptable substitutions in lieu of a degree: 15 years of experience as determined by the employer
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Graphic/Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, Psychology/Sociology, Anthropology or UI Design
- 10 years in Digital Design, UI or UX execution
- 10 years in managing design, UX/UI, content and strategy professionals
- 5 years of leading the design and UX/UI functions for large, complex digital ecosystems
- 5 years of practicing Human Centered Design and/or Design Thinking process and methods
- 5 years in creating and managing digital design and UX standards
- 5 years of working in Agile Development techniques and tools
- 3 years in managing complex initiatives in highly regulated industries like healthcare, finance or government
- 3 years of driving transformational change, leading teams, developing talent, and building relationships
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Human-Centered Design Certification (e.g. - LUMA Institute) or other Design Thinking Course Completion
CX/UX Certification or Course Completion (HFI, IDEO, etc.)
- Customer focus, results orientation, strategic design thinking, change advocacy, continuous improvement, and project/process management expertise
- Proficiency in all Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as technical ability to learn various other online applications to document and share information (Atlasian/Jira tools, Mural, Roadmunk, etc.)
- Strong oral & written communication and presentation skills, inclusive of story-telling
- Strong relationship management skills, including the ability to persuade, create consensus and negotiate deliverables
- Proven people leadership, development, coaching and mentoring skills
- A good UX designer must have empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD) and strong analytical abilities. They must have an understanding of technical limitations as well as business strategies and goals, backed by a knowledge of different technologies. UX designers conduct user research, interviews and surveys, and use the information to create sitemaps, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org