Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides services for inpatient and/or outpatient cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation as assigned per location(s).Provides direct patient care including initial patient assessment, development and adjustment of progression of activity and/or exercise prescriptions and plan of care, implementation of individualized and group education sessions and supervision of exercise classes at hospital sites of service.
- Provides activity progression for patients in the hospital utilizing available medical data, patient status and current medication regimen; updates activity progression according to patient response and activity pathway. Recognizes contraindications to activity and abnormal patient responses. Provides feedback to medical professionals and physicians as appropriate.
- Enters initial assessment, daily progression and education information into patient’s electronic medical record.
- Provides appropriate education, including post discharge instruction to patients and family members.
- Implements concepts of cardiac secondary prevention.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Performs assessment of patients and develops plan of care with other staff. Prepares or adjusts the individualized exercise prescription for each patient based on Functional Capacity Assessment or GXT results and M.D. recommendations. Monitors patients for inappropriate response to exercise. Works collaboratively with all team members to review each patient’s progress regularly.
- Performs exercises demonstrating proper body position and correct use of equipment. Supervises all exercise activity. Monitors patient using telemetry, blood pressure equipment, pulse oximetry and clinical assessment skills and responses to abnormal conditions.
- Provides patient/family knowledge of health status, assesses readiness for discharge from program and supportive services needed. Enters initial and daily assessment data into patient’s electronic medical record. Maintains equipment and monitor devices in appropriate working condition and reports problems to appropriate supportive staff. Maintains a safe patient environment at all times.
- Immediately reports changes in patient condition to physicians. Assists with emergency care accordingly. Follows policies and procedures and standard of care related to cardiopulmonary rehab. Provides educational information individually and in group settings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science
- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CEP) (Must be obtained within 12 months of hire once 1200 hours of hands-on clinical experience are met) and Student internship experience in cardiac rehab or clinical setting OR Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification (Must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science preferred in lieu of student internship experience in cardiac rehab setting requirement
- 1 year actual work experience in cardiac rehab setting
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CEP) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-RCEP)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org