Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
$1000 sign on bonus available for eligible candidates!
Performs a variety of duties such as maintaining the floors in a clean and sanitary condition, removal of soiled linen, operate a variety of equipment and perform projects including room setups. Cross trained as environmental services associate to meet the demands and services of the department. Provides quality service by utilizing safety, infection control and good customer relations to all patients, visitors and fellow employees.
- Responsible for completing major floor cleaning which includes stripping and refinishing, shower scrubbing, shampoo, extract and burnishing. (30%)
- Operates and maintains automatic floor machines, burnishers, extractors and other floor care equipment. Cleans all equipment after use and maintains in good repair. (15%)
- Completes duties and responsibilities adhering to all safety and infection control policies, procedures and practices including but not limited to OSHA safety requirements, correct chemical mixing and proper usage, PPE, proper hand washing techniques, isolation procedures, safe waste handling and knowledge of emergency codes and responses. (15%)
- Performs other department functions such as linen removal, trash pickup, stocking and distributing supplies, picking up and removing confidential containers. (10%)
- Performs special projects such as changing curtains, washing windows, washing walls, moving furniture, organizing storage areas and other miscellaneous projects as assigned. (10%)
- Maintains all cleaning supplies, equipment and environmental closets in a clean and organized manner. (10%)
- Demonstrates professional behavior and adheres to the department's goals by following instructions from the leadership team, participates in training, performance improvement process and adhering to the department attendance policy. (10%)
- Prior experience and knowledge of operating floor care equipment
- Knowledge of automatic floor machine, battery burnisher, cord burnisher, battery extractor, cord extractor, rotary floor machine, riding floor scrubber and riding vacuum
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org