Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that will support the Cardiac Cath Lab and Vascular Hybrid OR. This position will work four 10 hour shifts M-F with additional night, weekend and holiday on call responsibilities. AGH is Pittsburgh’s only Certified Comprehensive Cardiac Center - where you will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge procedures, work closely with new technologies and innovations, and be involved in national research studies and clinical trials. Additionally, qualified candidates are eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus for a 2 year commitment!
This role is part of Union SEIU - E.
Performs prescribed special procedures such as: interventional, diagnostic and therapeutic angiography and related special procedures.
- Positions patients, selects anatomical and technical parameters accurately for independent imaging of special procedures per established protocol. Prepares for and assists the physician and/or physician assistant while performing procedures.(40%)
- Implements radiation protection and patient safety standards.(15%)
- Completes all required documentation for procedures e.g. regulatory, billing protocols and image distribution.(15%)
- Prepares contrast media, practices aseptic technique pre-, during, and post- special procedures.(15%)
- Maintains adequate supplies for efficient section/department operations. Participates in inventory control and monitoring.(15%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- ARRT certification required
- Advanced certification preferred and may be required within 12 months of hire.
- Current CPR certification required upon hire.
- 1 year experience as a radiologic technologist required.
- Previous special procedure experience preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org