Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Serves as staff leader and technical expert for revenue cycle functions by identifying training needs, resolving work flow issues, operational and technical problems, monitoring daily work flow, and reassigning work as necessary to maintain appropriate levels of productivity. Contributes to revenue cycle by facilitating meeting goals for cash collection, internal and external compliance, customer confidence, and patient satisfaction.
- Accurately and completely produces, processes, collects, and/or posts transactions or other designated functions in a timely manner with minimal direction from management. Maintains competency, meets work standards, and maintains proficiency to perform all daily transactions and functions.
- Assists in leading and openly supporting management in all departmental and organizational initiatives to achieve departmental and cash goals. Completes special projects timely and accurately.
- Shares expertise with staff, coordinates onboarding, and conducts education and training. Serves as mentor and primary source for staff related to all operational inquiries and barriers, provides daily instructions and tasks as applicable.
- Ensures that billing, follow up and collection policies, procedures and guidelines are accurate, accessible and communicated to the staff.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, quantifies, and monitors account detail or workflow processes for barriers in work environment. Recommends process improvements or courses of action for problem resolution to management. Quantifies or trends issues that recur in order that management may correct issues from point of origin, and assists with implementation of such measures.
- Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients, fellow staff from PFS, WPAHS, and designated external agencies or vendors. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promote working relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Health care experience of 5+ years or associates degree + 3 years
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform liaison function with internal departments and external agencies or departments
- Experience operating PC and using software applications
- Billing certification, Associate's Degree or completion of college level coursework
- Working knowledge of financial procedures, healthcare/third party regulations, and/or billing requirements
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org