Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for a wide range of analytics and reporting associated with the organization's financial, operational, and/or clinical performance. This job partners with stakeholders within the hospital and physician organizations to provide general financial or analytical support on major initiatives. The incumbent leverages detailed G/L, patient account, or procedure level detail in order to explain overall trends, quantifying the value of key drivers where possible. Assists with the growth and development of junior analysts on the team through mentoring and coaching.
- Conducts detailed analysis of volume, revenue, cost, and/or profitability in order to explain financial results and enhance business understanding. (30%)
- Conducts ad-hoc analyses on topics as dictated by general business trends or at the request of Highmark/AHN/Finance leadership. (30%)
- Analyzes variances relative to budget, forecast, prior year, or other benchmarks to assess performance and identify opportunities for improvement. (10%)
- Supplements financial analysis with operational and/or clinical data and insights in order to provide relevant context and a holistic point of view. (10%)
- Utilizes rate/volume calculations to quantify the impact of changes in patient mix, procedure mix, payor mix, or other business shifts. (10%)
- Creates and presents executive-level summaries of major analytical projects that outline key findings, recommendations, and other insights/takeaways. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, or related field OR 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 3 years in Decision Support and Data Analysis
- 3 years in a clinical setting or general understanding of hospital/physician practice operations
- 3 years in the Healthcare industry, particularly as it relates to hospitals or other providers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) Ability to analyze and interpret various types of data including financial results, operational metrics, clinical outcomes, and other key datasets
- Ability to work with large quantities of detailed data and illuminate the higher-level strategic insights that can impact business operations and performance
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and manage time effectively, in order to meet established deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop partnerships across the organization
- Self-starter who takes initiative, and drives progress on major projects without being asked or with minimal supervision
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Proficient in SQL
- Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Alteryx or other data wrangling/ETL tools
- R, Python, or other statistical/programming tools
- Experience with Strata or other cost accounting system
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org