Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides assistance to management in coordinating Pharmacy Technician activities, including education, training, competencies, daily pharmacy operations and support and knowledge of Automated Dispensing System and Hospital computer systems.
- Operations: Performs general pharmacy technician duties and all other duties as assigned. Maintains adequate inventory levels and records in specialized areas. As applicable, participates as unit based technicians, which could include functions of assisting in coordination of medications in medication rooms per request of Nursing, facilitation of medication delivery and patient medication history. (20%)
- Coordinates daily workflow within respective area (i.e., Administration, Narcotic, Oncology, IV Room, Medication Reconciliation), which might require staffing/scheduling adjustments as necessary. (20%)
- As applicable: Medication history. Coordinates interviews of patient and/or family members to obtain a medication history. Identifies and prioritizes patient interviews based on work flow and scheduled admissions. Verifies accuracy of medication list obtained. Clarifies information as needed with patient's physician office or local pharmacy, if necessary. Coordinates with pharmacist to ensure that any discrepancies between medications taken before admission and medications ordered upon admission for a patient are intentional and not accidental. Enters medication history into computer system. (20%)
- As applicable: Administration: Scheduling and workflow. Maintains a master technician schedule and coordinates necessary changes in technician schedule, develops, monitors and assesses technical workflow including work related to staffing, Automated Dispensing Systems and computer systems. Assists the manager in recordkeeping of personnel information including time keeping. Acts as contact person for incident/accident report, payroll questions and paperwork associated with time and attendance. (20%)
- Training: Coordinates technician orientation, training, security access to pharmacy systems and in-service education with regards to respective areas. Assists the manager with competency assessment and documentation. (10%)
- Safety: Participates and leads performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts. Provides input into the development of policies and procedures. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) preferred and required within 6 months of hire.
- 3-5 years’ pharmacy experience as a pharmacy technician or completion of a pharmacy technician training program and 3 years’ equivalent experience.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org