Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job , in coordination with the sales team, implements, maintains, and evaluates the pharmacy and medical accounts with Highmark. The incumbent is involved in completion of clinical analysis and benefit recommendation to clients with presentation and PBM comparison skills to client. The incumbent represents the Highmark pharmacy at external customer meetings and internal training presentations. Develops and/or reviews all data presentations, training, communications along with broker and consultant meetings. Maintains knowledge of Highmark's pharmacy drug management initiatives for both pharmacy and medical benefit consultation which is key to provide benefit recommendations and clinical recommendations to internal and external resources. Relationship building, cross-functional team work, and communication skills will be highly utilized in this position. Supports key initiatives for client strategies through product and program design, consultation, and implementation. Support for client RFP (Request for Proposal) / RFI (Request for Information) process along with Sales and Pharmacy Sales Support team will occur as necessary.
- Develop and execute presentations and training for external clients and internal staff. Present key findings and recommendations to clients to ensure client/consultant/internal staff knows that pharmacist is their adviser and pharmacy expert. Develop and maintain relationships with internal Highmark staff, clients, brokers, consultants for promotion of Highmark pharmacy.
- Support Pharmacy benefit implementations for new business as well as existing business. Consult on benefit design setup as well as products and programs for pharmacy business.
- Conduct and support training and educational programs for Highmark internal and external stakeholders. Support Marketing and Sales with collateral for clients and members related to pharmacy programs.
- Support retention of business through active participation in client, broker, and consultant meetings to assist in highlighting Highmark differentiators.
- Provide feedback and input in conjunction with Sales and Pharmacy Sales Support and other Stakeholders as needed for RFP (request for proposal), RFI (request for information) and repricing situations for existing Highmark pharmacy clients.
- Represent Highmark Pharmacy Markets, as support, during finalist meetings with ability to skillfully articulate the merits of the Highmark Drug Program (medical and pharmacy).
- Represent Highmark pharmacy as the subject matter expert for different initiatives and workgroups across the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- 3 - 5 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 3 - 5 years in Pharmacy
- 3 - 5 years in Communications
5 - 7 years in Communications
1 - 3 years in Managed Care Support
Or (Any of the Following)
- 3 - 5 years in Utilization Review
- 3 - 5 years in Account Support
- 1 - 3 years in Consulting
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Pharmacist
- Analytical Skills
- Continuous Improvement
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Development
- Communication Skills
Language (other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org