Job Description :
This job collaborates with all disciplines for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating / documenting psychosocial factors which contribute to patients' illnesses and/or have an impact on continuity of care; scope of services may include, but is not limited to, discharge planning, counseling, crisis intervention, information and referral, domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, suspected abuse, psychiatric services and guardianships per regulatory requirements. Services may be provided both inpatient and outpatient.
- Completes and documents psychosocial assessments, intervention, and coordination of care to identified populations.
- Provides crisis intervention/counseling to identified populations to enhance patient/family coping mechanisms regarding illness.
- Engages the patient/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team in the discharge process to identify appropriate post-acute resources and community service follow-ups.
- Provides education to patients/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team regarding psychosocial factors related to illness.
- Actively participates in those areas of expertise to further enhance the role of social work within the hospital.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Master's degree
- 5 years of Post-graduate experience with experience as a Social Worker in an inpatient, outpatient, home health, or other healthcare setting where medical social work services are provided
- 2 years Case Management related activities
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Understanding of the importance of cultural competency in addressing targeted populations
- Understanding of the role of lifestyle in disease processes
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work collaboratively and function as a team member in a professional environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and perform work independently
- Evidence of ability to analyze outcomes and develop goal-oriented action plans
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills
- Motivational interviewing competency
- Advance care planning competency
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment that requires flexibility
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office products
Language (Other than English):
50% - 75%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$50,200.00
Pay Range Maximum:$90,300.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org