Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate educational activities for assigned areas and participate in meeting educational needs in collaboration with nursing education.
- Participates in coordination and continuity of orientation programs. (30%)
- Conducts and analyzes formal and informal learning needs with leadership and staff. Develops and implements annual education and competency assessment plans in collaboration with nursing educator. (25%)
- Works in collaboration with leadership and staff to facilitate and implement quality and performance improvement initiatives. (20%)
- Contributes to the achievement of department, divisional and organizational goals. (15%)
- Serves as an educational consultant for leadership and staff in the areas of clinical practice, regulatory compliance, professional development, and other assigned committee work. (5%)
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with collaborative feedback to clinical services. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned / clinical assignments
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology OR 3 years relevant and progressive experience in lieu of Associate's degree
- 3 years in a Clinical role
- CST or TS-C Surgical Technology Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Computer experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org