Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides primary or acute healthcare services for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Provides appropriate patient care to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation. (35%)
- Communicates and coordinates patient care with patient, family, community health services and interdisciplinary team. Involves attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the CRNP's knowledge base or scope of practice. (15%)
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances, administers medication and injections, sutures wounds and provides wound care. (10%)
- Educates patients and family members regarding health and preventive medicine, medications prescribed, treatment instructions and recommends community resources as appropriate. (10%)
- Triages patient telephone calls, provides monitoring and continuity of care. (10%)
- Participates, develops, and implements performance and/or quality improvement initiatives. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. (10%)
- Serves as the clinical expert and acts as a clinical resource. (10%)
- May perform other duties such as daily rounding of patients, manage outpatient concerns and any other duty specific to specialty.
- MSN from a PA State Board of Nursing Approved Master’s Program
- National Board Certification for Nurse Practitioners through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Current PA State licensure as a Nurse Practitioner with Prescriptive Authority from the State of Pennsylvania Drug Enforcement Agency Licensure Registered with the Pennsylvania Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- BLS Certification
- Post Master’s program, DNP
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org