Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides clinical oversight and is responsible for the training and education of unlicensed clinical support staff. Oversees the onboarding, orientation and ongoing education for newly hired unlicensed clinical support staff. Educates unlicensed clinical support staff on new work flows, policies and procedures, supports the transition into promotional roles according to knowledge, skill and ability. Works closely with leadership and education staff to provide ongoing education as needed. Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to the unlicensed clinical support staff and continually assesses their clinical skills as appropriate. Recommends additional clinical training or re-education as appropriate and escalates as needed.
- Oversees the training and onboarding process for newly hired support staff, as well as student externs as needed. Provides continuous training to the unlicensed clinical support staff on new work flows and clinical office policies and/or procedures. Serve as a champion by promoting patient satisfaction, unlicensed clinical support staff development, and positive employee relations. Serves as a clinical resource regarding clinical workflows, department policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for professional development. Partners to complete annual competencies. Strives for performance excellence and seeks feed-back from others for improvement opportunities.
- Provides clinical oversight and serves as a departmental resource for unlicensed clinical support staff. Provides meaningful feedback and input for performance reviews and remediation as needed and requested by leadership. Collaborates with education staff to identify gaps in education and recommends and provides training as appropriate.
- Acts as an electronic health record (EHR) super user. Communicates and educates staff on new work flows as they pertain to their role. Follows Meaningful Use guidelines.
- Participates in staff meetings or other meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School/GED
- Inpatient Instructor
- Experience as a PCA, PCT, NA, LPN, EMT OR military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat medic (68W), or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1)
- 1 year of acute or long-term care facility required OR enrolled in an ASN and halfway through program, Junior BSN Student
- Proficient in Phlebotomy and straight catheterization
- Outpatient Instructor
- Graduate of Medical Assistant Training Program
- 1 year in a direct patient care role as a Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant (MA) certification
- Associates Degree
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- CPR certification
- Electronic Health Record Experience
- Teaching Experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org