Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The incumbent will design and optimize digital products using a range of user-centered design methodologies, providing insights and learnings that will digitally transform healthcare and help our members live their best lives. This job will focus on the practical research, conceptual designing and wireframing of innovative problem-solutions that support digital product strategies for Highmark Health.
- Co-facilitate and participate in Human Centered Design, Lean UX, and Agile Methodologies as well as prototyping tools. Observe and validate user needs, mapping needs to product value to create ideal experiences that bridge the business and user needs together.
- Advance human-centered design practices such as brainstorming exercises, rapid prototyping, journey mapping, usability testing, reporting, user needs analysis and proof of concept demonstrations.
- Create user-centered designs looking at market anlaysis, customer feedback, and usability findings to create ideal experiences that bridge business goals, product vision and roadmap, and user needs.
- Support a collaborative environment between our cross-functional teams including digital strategy, product management, and development teams.
- Provide subject matter experise within assigned projects, and proactively identify and prioritize opportunities that continuously elevate the product experience.
- Take guidance and project direction from senior UX peers to ensure quality design delivery, on time, with experiencial metric consideration.
- Understand business goals and how to meet user expectations and customer journeys within our technical capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a design related field
6 years of design and/or research experience (qualitative or quantitative)
- 3 years with human centered design strategies and design thinking exercises, and understanding of usability, analytics, and user testing.
- 3 years of collaborating with Front-end engineers and Product managers to organize project planning and execution standards
- 3 years with leading, moderating user research and usability testing.
- 3 years of Strong facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to cross-functional teams
- 1 year of design in highly regulated industries such as medical-device/healthcare or financial institutions
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
UX Certification Coursework
- Passion for shifting mental models and uniting stakeholders around a mission and vision
- Proficient in best practices with at least three design disciplines such as design systems, service design, visual design, UX strategy, content strategy, and information architecture
- Empathetic, curious, open-minded with a desire to improve the lives of our users; passion for educating team members on the value of design
- Proficient knowledge of current industry design and research tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, UserZoom, UserTesting.com)
- Some experience in Agile methodologies and working in a Lean UX environment. SAFe agile is a plus
- Up-to-date knowledge of current industry standards for technology and platforms on desktop and mobile, as well as keeping up with emerging design trends
- A portfolio demonstrating applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, storytelling and content strategy
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org