Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job executes operational, regulatory and compliance audits and advisory engagements to determine whether Highmark Health and its subsidiaries controls and governance processes, as designed and operated by management, are adequate and functioning. Follows established procedures and guidelines to contribute to the activities of the audit team. Collects information about the organization's systems and processes by reviewing manuals, policies, reports, financial statements, and other written materials. Assesses whether the processes and controls provide reasonable assurance that risk are identified and managed appropriately. Identifies and documents aspects of the organization's systems and processes that do not comply with regulations, laws, and standards or do not comply with the organization's policies and operating procedures.
- Collaborate with team members to perform engagement planning activities for operational, regulatory and compliance audits across the Highmark Health Enterprise, including the identification of key risks and controls and development of the audit program
- Execute testing of entity level controls, process level manual controls, IT dependent manual controls and process level automated application controls.
- Assist in the process to close-out and finalize audits / projects, including the identification and assessment of issues, development of audit reports, and review of supporting documentation and work papers in accordance with departmental standards.
- Collaborate with team and independent auditors in executing audit procedures, analyze, evaluate and enhance business process controls across the organization.
- Effectively communicate with customers, supervisors, and subject matter experts to deliver on requests and tasks in a timely
- manner, and to ensure clarity on project status, deadlines, and deliverables throughout the project life-cycle
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management, Information Systems or Related Field
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain business relationships
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org